Sunday, July 24, 2011

An overproductive Sunday


Getting her feet measured

Not quite sure what to think about this...


Katherine was in on the action, too
Today after church we went to Green Hills to get Katherine fitted for shoes for the first time!  Of course, we found a Subway to eat at before heading to the mall.  Since the Stride Rite in Rivergate closed we have to drive to Green Hills or Cool Springs which stinks.  It was a good excuse to go somewhere different and oh how I love that mall!  So many fun different stores to shop in!

We decided both kids needed new shoes.  Katherine did great getting her feet measured.  She has the smallest foot -- size 2 1/2!  We went up a half size and bought a pair of size 3 for her birthday.  For the most part she has never worn shoes.  She had a couple of pairs when she was younger that she wore to church sometimes.  The recommendations now are that kids really do not need to wear shoes until they are walking except for warmth or protection.  And their first shoes need to be very flexible and more like moccasins.  I remember some of my first shoes were those hard white shoes.  They actually still sell those, just in a softer sole.  We tried a couple of pair on and she really did not know what to make of them.  She would not stand up much, just wanted to crawl around.

I was excited to learn that Katherine does not have a wide foot.  When Luke was young he needed a wide or extra wide which are very hard to come by in big-box stores so we usually had to pay the extra money for Stride Rite.  This will also work in Katherine's favor because I can justify her having more than one pair of shoes since I can buy them for a lot less at Target, etc. Yay!  As the salesman said "Girls shoes are a lot more involved that boys". We let Luke pick out his own shoes!  He did great.  He picked out some brown lace up Sperrys. We thankfully had a coupon which helped a lot!  He wore them out of the store.

After Stride Rite we went to Pottery Barn Kids to look around.  Luke liked looking at the kitchens and they had a pull-along wooden train that he played with.  Katherine sat in the kid's chairs and tried to pull up on everything.  Next stop was Williams-Sonoma.  I had a merchandise credit left from a couple of Christmases ago so we bought something!  I love to get new things and not have to pay for them!  I won't say what we bought just yet, but we let Luke get something.  I am sure it will be in a future post...

We were home by 2:30 and spent the rest of the day re-arranging furniture, cleaning and de- cluttering.  I hate to see the weekend come to an end.

No comments: