Monday, July 11, 2011

No School, No School!



This is a normal morning ritual.  Luke wakes up, comes running in our room and gets in our bed!  He says he is tired and wants to go back to sleep.  For the record, this NEVER happens.  He is just procrastinating getting ready for school.  He loves school once he is there and settled in and most afternoons I have to fight to get him to leave.  But, for some reason he does not want to go in the mornings.  When we get there he runs the other way or won't even go down the hall to the classroom.  Sometimes it can take 10 minutes to get him in there which is ridiculous!  The teachers try to help but I usually do not want to leave until I know he is ok.  They tell me that within a few minutes of me being gone he is normal self, just playing and laughing.  We were hoping this was a phase but if it is, it is a long one.  This has been going on for three months or more.  He is not the only child that does it so it makes me feel better.  I am thankful Katherine is still at the point that she just smiles and waves when I put her down in her room.  The day will be here all too soon when she does not want to go to school either!

No comments: