Saturday, July 9, 2011

Girl's Night Out

View from our hotel window -- Love my hometown!

This weekend Laura, Virginia and I had an overnight Girl's Night!  Due to an unfortunate mishap on a previous stay at the Sheraton Downtown Laura had a free night's stay!  She had enough points to get us a room on the club level with its own restaurant, bar and free breakfast.  We started the evening at Burger Up.  Absolutely fabulous!  I highly recommend this cool burger joint.  It has a neat back story and the decor was cool - totally recycled and repurposed materials were used in the tables, bar, etc. The meat and produce are all locally farmed which is always a plus!  And, the burger was wonderful!  There was a quite a wait but the girls and I enjoyed people watching and chatting about what is going on in our lives.

After that we headed to the hotel were we enjoyed a drink and dessert in the hotel bar.  Always interesting to me what type of people you see and learn about.  Then we retired to our room where stayed up way later than normal, well for Laura and I at least!  We had a great time just talking, laughing and telling stories.  I am so glad we were able to do this -- it is great therapy!

Luke stayed at Mom's and Paul and Katherine had some daddy-daughter time.  Both of them did great!  I worked today so I did not see everyone until late this afternoon.  The kids and I met Mom at some new condominiums being built in the area.  After 30+ years in the same house Mom is beginning to warm to the idea of down-sizing.  We hope and pray that everything works out!

No comments: