Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fun Wednesday With Friends!






Yesterday was a great day!  I had scheduled Katherine's 9-month pictures.  Seems like I am getting farther and farther behind. But, like the photographer said it is the progression that matters not that it is necessarily right on time.  For some reason Katherine was not in to getting her picture made today.  She had just eaten and had a nap before we left so envisioned the "perfect" photo shoot in my mind.  I should have known something was up when started whining in the car on the way there.  The photographer and I both got a work out trying to get her to smile.  We jumped, danced, clapped and sang to her.  Most of the time she looked at us like we were crazy!  We even took her outside to see if a change of scenery would help.  It was finally decided that we got some shots that would work so we threw in the towel after over an hour.  Of course, once we got home she was the happiest baby in the world...smiling, grinning and laughing.  I think she knew exactly what she was doing...

We were so excited to meet Laura and Mackenzie for lunch at Chef's.  The girls were cute together.  Katherine kept trying to hit Mackenzie with her paper plate.  They even tried to hold hands.  We got the stares and smiles from many onlookers.  It is amazing how different people treat you when you are trying to carry a cute baby, diaper bag, tray of food and so forth.  A very nice gentleman took my tray to the table and Jim got high chairs for both the girls.  The food was excellent as usual.  We lingered longer than we should have but then decided to hit Lizards and Lace before we headed home for naps.  It was so great to visit with Laura.  We hate that we have not seen them more since they have been in Tennessee.

Once we got home Katherine took an extra long nap which allowed me to do a few things around the house.  I actually took a nap myself!  Once we were both up and Paul was done with some yard work we decided to all go pick Luke up from school.  He was so excited to see all of us.  We went to Hobby Lobby and walked around looking for things for Katherine's birthday party!  Paul was thrilled to see they have already started putting their Christmas decorations out. So, was Luke!  His classroom at school is going to celebrate "Christmas in July".  Not sure what all that entails but I know it will be fun for the kids.

We cooked a fun supper at home and enjoyed the rest of our family night!

No comments: