 |
| The barn was dressed for the big event! |
 |
| Guests signing in |
 |
| Not a good picture - but the only one I got of Luke |
 |
| Exchanging of rings |
 |
| Lauren sang The Lord's Prayer beautifully |
 |
| The happy couple! |
The ceremony was beautiful! It was a very spirit filled service. The sun was setting as the vows were being exchanged - it truly was amazing! It really could be featured in a magazine...
Luke did good. Paul realized before he came down the aisle that there would not be anyone to watch Luke once he was in the front for the ceremony so he caught my attention to come and stay with home. I did not realize what he wanted so I took Katherine with me in front of everyone only to return to hand Katherine off to Mom so I could go and be with Luke. He did not hesitate walking until he saw all the people. He paused for a second and then off he went. He walked straight to Paul like we told him. Well, he decided he did not want to stand up front so he came and sat down with me, then back to Paul, then to Paula. At one point he went up and gave Kristen a hug, which was sweet, but not planned. Finally, he went and Paul picked him up and he was content to be held the rest of the ceremony.
Once the service was over Luke literally ran up to the house as fast as he could. Paul and Mom took after him. I had know idea what he was doing. I thought he might have to go to the restroom. But, he returned pretty quickly with a new train. We had been promising Luke that if he did really well through all of the wedding festivities he would get a new train. He was so excited!
Katherine did great during the ceremony. She smiled at everyone behind her and was perfectly content as long as she was chewing on my sunglasses or camera strap! She babbled and cooed a little bit which was fine.
Luke decided he did not want to stay at the reception. He wanted to go home with Nonna and Katherine. So, after he ate a quick bite Paul and I loaded both kids in to our car so Mom could take them home. I was kind of relieved we would not have to be running after him during the reception.
1 comment:
What a beautiful wedding!
Post a Comment