| Paul excited about our ride for the evening! |
| The pavilion at Centennial Park |
Since our anniversary was the same day as Nanny's birthday party last weekend Paul and I delayed our celebration. We always have a hard time deciding what to do anytime we go out. We finally decided to eat at Stoney River. Paul has been wanting a good steak and I loved it the last time we went. Bill had given Paul and I a coupon for Christmas 2009 to use the corvette for a night out. I hate to admit that we just redeemed his generous offer last night! We had so much fun in it! Paul was a little nervous when we would park it somewhere but everything was fine.
After a yummy dinner we went over to Centennial Park. A band was playing big band music and there were so many people there! I was surprised at the number of younger people there that were dancing. During the intermissions they offered free dance lessons. Paul and I did not dance but we enjoyed the music and people watching. We even found a swing under a big magnolia tree where we sat and talked for awhile. When we grew tired of the park we headed to BrickTops for drinks and dessert. I picked the dessert - a yummy cookie baked in a cast iron skillet with ice cream on top!
When we realized the corvette would not make it up our driveway without dragging we decided to return it to Gallatin. We did not want to take a chance by leaving it on our street all night. The best, and perhaps strangest, part of the night was coming home to a quiet, empty house. Katherine spent the night at Nonna's and Luke stayed with Bill and Paula. It was so nice to not have the baby monitor on or be woken up at 6 o'clock! We had a great time together and loved the time to ourselves. It is hard to believe we have been married six years. A lot has changed in our lives in that time but I am so thankful for our marriage and what Paul means to me and the kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment