Thursday, December 16, 2010

No Such Luck for Paul's Birthday

Opening presents

Neither one of us look like we feel good
Well, today did not go exactly as planned.  Today is Paul's birthday and we had plans to go eat at Carrabba's with Paula, my mom, Jon, Kristen and the four of us.  Both kids went back to school today.  Katherine slept great last night and did not cough once and was in a good mood when she woke up.  She hasn't had a temp in several days. Luke was coughing some but acted like he felt fine.

I got a call at work around 2 that Luke's teachers were afraid he was getting sick.  He woke up early from nap and was complaining of a sore throat and headache.  Thankfully my mom had taken a vacation day today so I called to see if she would go pick him up.  I have missed two days of work this week and Paul has missed one so it was a big help that she could get him.  When I went to get Katherine after work her teachers said she had been extremely fussy all afternoon and that is not like her.  I was also told that two babies in her room had the croup and that strep throat was going around Luke's room!  Yuck! 

Katherine was pitiful so I called the doctor about both kids.  They advised us to bring Luke in because he had all the cardinal signs of strep, great...So, Paul will be home with both kids tomorrow and is taking them to the doctor to see what we can do to help both of them get better!

Paul did go on and have dinner with his mom, Jon and Kristen and had a good time.  Mom brought Luke back home in time for supper and she stayed and helped me get all my Christmas cards addressed, stamped and stuffed.  Katherine slept most of  the time.  When Paul got home he opened presents before we put the kids to bed.

No comments: