Monday, September 1, 2008

Recapping the Weekend

Grandpa keeping an eye on Luke

Luke wanted to see what Uncle Jim
was reading about

We think Luke liked Emily!

Luke and Emma were communicating
to each other

Lots of baby babble went on

I had to work Saturday which wasn't too bad. Saturday night Nana and Grandpa kept Luke while Paul and I met Christina, Cam, Katherine and Rico for dinner at September's. We had all been wanting to try it and figured this was the perfect opportunity. It was ok. I would definitely go back but Paul said he probably wouldn't. The food was a little slow getting to us but other than that I thought it was good. We followed dinner with ice cream from Marble Slab which is always yummy! Luke was napping when we left so when he woke up he must have been scared to realize we weren't here. He did good after Nana walked him around outside.

Yesterday was our last day at Hermitage Hills. Paul and I have been thinking for a while now that we probably needed to find a church closer to home. But since we have made so many friends there and really enjoyed our Sunday School class we were reluctant to leave. The church is starting a new satellite campus in Mt. Juliet that will meet in Hermitage until they can build another facility. Most of our friends are either going to the new Mt. Juliet campus or are leaving the church so we felt it was the right time to leave as well. It was sad knowing we want see our friends regularly but we know we will try to keep in touch. We have a couple of churches in mind that we want to try. Hopefully it will be an easy transition.

Sunday night we went to the Troutt's for the Second Annual Orgain-Troutt Get-Together. We decided we could call it "annual" now since this was the second year in a row we have gotten together over the Labor Day weekend. All four Orgain kids were in town and so were the three Troutt boys so it was a patio full! We had a great time with each other. Emma and Luke entertained us all.

I had to work today and was a lot busier than I expected. Paul and Luke met Nana and Grandpa for lunch and we all got home about the same time this afternoon. We are watching the UT game which is the first one we have gotten to watch this weekend without Luke squealing, laughing and otherwise demanding our attention. We decided we would try putting him to bed a little earlier tonight and see how he does.

No comments: