Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday

My friend Amanda and I had July 30th marked on our calendars for about a month now. Amanda is one of my best college friends. She is a stay-at-home mom to Thomas Michael and they live in Murfreesboro. You would think living so close to each other we would see each other all the time. Wrong! We have been trying to get together for months and it has just never worked out so we finally decided we were picking a date and sticking to it. When I realized Sunday that Luke was sick and I would be home with him Monday I immediately thought oh no, I don't want to miss my play day! Fortunately Luke got much better Monday afternoon and was able to go to daycare yesterday. I wasn't sure if I would be able to be off today since I was home Monday. Since there is already someone that covers for my days off at work my boss said it was fine for me to still be off today. I was so excited I was actually going to see Amanda and finally meet her son who is over 18 months!

Our other friend Julie was going to join us but she had a last minute work training she had to attend. Missed you Jules! Amanda and I had a great time! We let the boys play and we tried to catch up on everything that is going on in our lives. Thomas Michael loves babies and Luke seemed to get a kick out of him running around and playing. Luke took a little nap while Amanda was holding him and that is the only picture we got all afternoon. We both agreed that we will not let too much time go before we get together again.

1 comment:

Katie J said...

I'm so very jealous! I still want us to get together- I have your baby gift still! Call me or email me when you have a chance. I lost your phone number!

Katie