Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas in Gallatin



There were two little helpers this year!
Memaw and Kitty enjoyed opening their presents

Happiness is Trio Blocks...

Katherine insisted in getting in the toy box Bop made her!

Bill surprised Paula with an iPad

K needed some help with her new houseshoes

Luke liked helping everyone else open their presents, too

Homemade boiled custard - yummy!

Both kids like the Minnie Bow-tique!
We got to Gallatin around 2.  Everyone was already there.  Jim, Claudia and Lauren celebrated Christmas with Bill and Paula last weekend so we missed them today.  It wasn't the same without them.  We let the kids and the great-grandmothers open some gifts first.  Luke was ready to tear into them as soon as we got there.  Kristen and Jon gave each of the kids a UT shirt. Luke got Junior Blokus and some Legos and Katherine got some new doll clothes and some doll accessories.  I gave the greats a calendar again this year.  Not very original, but I think they enjoy looking at them everyday.  Paula cooked a great supper of chicken and dressing with all the trimmings!  There were numerous desserts to sample.  I especially liked the homemade coconut cake.

We opened gifts after our early supper.  The kids both got great cedar toy boxes that Bop made!  They love them.  He also made all the girls a fun jewelry box.  He is really enjoying his wood working hobby.  I am glad we get the finished products!  The main entertainment was just watching the kids enjoy everything!  They got so excited about each gift with the exception of clothes.  I hate that, but I definitely remember what that was like growing up --- you never wanted clothes, always toys!

We had a great Christmas Day!  So much fun and so much to be thankful for!  We truly are blessed.

No comments: