Sunday, October 21, 2012

Packing It In

Paul and I never get our picture made...

One last snuggle before goodbye

LOVE Cheekwood this time of year!

The kids loved this one -- Llama Llama Scarecrow Mama!



I can't tell you how many times we tried (and failed) to get this picture

Beanbag toss -- harvest edition



Today was fun and hectic.  We wouldn't have had it any other way.  We went to Mom's to for breakfast to see Andrew and Mandi before they left.  The kids love having them here.  So glad that Thanksgiving is just around the corner and they will be back for a longer visit!

We went to church after breakfast then ran by the house to get the stroller.  We decided to go to Cheekwood.  It was a gorgeous day here!  It actually was warmer than I thought so we were all pretty hot walking around.  It is always a great time when we go to Cheekwood.  There is lots going on there right now -- we saw a mini version of the Trains! exhibit as well as one of the Treehouses.  The main attraction were all the scarecrows.  We have been the past several years and it just seems to get better and better!  The kids loved looking at all of them, but were more interested in the trains.  I bet we stood there 30 minutes!  They would run back and forth chasing the trains.  We had to pry them away with the promise of a treehouse and pumpkin patch.  This is the first year they have had a pumpkin patch.  We didn't buy any pumpkins, but the kids had fun playing the games and looking around.  I ran into an old friend from college and his family that happen to be friends with some people that live in our neighborhood -- small world!

Both kids fell asleep when we got in the car. We took our time getting home so we could maximize their rest time.  Paul and I painted our hallways tonight.  After five years of fingerprints and smudges it was time for an update.  There was a gallon of paint that the previous owner left so we just had it shaken at the store and it was good to go.  While he and I did that the kids watched a show and played together.  I love that the halls look so clean and fresh, but now the trim work looks dingy...it is always something! Cheers to an excellent weekend!

No comments: