Saturday, October 20, 2012

All in the Family

We were still smiles after the game...

Me and Mom before the game
Morning came early around here -- kickoff for the game was 11:21.  Paul was on kid patrol while I enjoyed the game.  We left Mom's around 9:30 and got to campus in time to stop by the Reynolds' tailgate.  I hate that I did not get a picture of Virginia and me.  Oh well....Andrew and Mandi were able to see some of their friends, too.  I had zero expectations going into the game which turned out to be a good thing.  Auburn is awful this year -- I could barely watch some of the time.  After the game, Mom kept saying "at least we got to enjoy some time together".  That is one way to look at it.  It was nice to see some people we have not seen in a long time and I must admit it was nice to be back at a college football game.  The weather was perfect, cool, brisk with beautiful blue skies and wonderful fall foliage all around!  It is my favorite time of year

I got home around 4.  We spent the rest of the night at home watching football and relaxing. The kids and Paul had fun.  They met Bill and Paula for breakfast.  Katherine went home with them while Paul and Luke played at the park.  They all met back for Luke's soccer game.  Paul said Luke played good and actually got some good kicks in, but no goal.  His team remains undefeated!

1 comment:

Alaina said...

I believe in Auburn and love it!....even when we lose. :(