Wednesday, August 22, 2012

One Proud Mama!

 



I worked my tooshy off today.  I dropped the kids at school and ran several errands.  You know all those things that stay on your to-do list and gnaw at you until you can finally mark them off?  That was the kind of day I had.  I picked up and shipped two baby gifts.  (It is a baby boom around here; a lot of our friends are having babies) Better us than them, haha!

I also cleaned like it was my job today - scrubbing cabinets and floors, did 6 loads of laundry, found homes for some of our items from Kitty's, hung some pictures, etc.  I was worn out when I went back to get the kids.  Both of their teachers had glowing reports for them today!  That made my day great!  Katherine has been visiting in the 2-year old room this week and seems to be making a seamless transition.  They tell me she naps well, eats well and plays well with all the other children.  I think it is going to be so great for her to be the same age as everyone in her class instead of being the oldest.  Luke's teacher also told me how impressed she is with his vocabulary and comprehension.  She also said she used him as an example several times today about how to act to the other children.  She is going to work on "grooming" him to be a leader in the classroom...wow!  I sure was one proud mama!  I was so proud I marched us right over to the Italian Ice shop for an after-school treat!

We had an even more fun night.  Supper was ready in the crock pot when Paul got home.  It was so nice...clean house, happy kiddos and yummy supper!  We topped that off by watching the Goodlettsville All-Star baseball team win their game and advance to the Little League World Series United States Championship game!  What an awesome accomplishment!  We are so proud of our town and team!

No comments: