Saturday, November 5, 2011
The Bug Bites Again
Early yesterday morning Luke came in our room and said he had to "spit up". This is what he calls throwing up. He never did, but he got in bed with me and Paul went to Luke's room. We thought he was going to be fine, but he ended up throwing up three times after we got up and were getting ready. We were kind of in a pickle as to what to do. Mom was in Tullahoma and Paula was in Florida. My boss was out of town so I could not miss work. Paul ended up staying home with him for a few hours until Bill was able to get him.
I took Katherine on to school and checked in with Luke's teacher to tell her what was wrong. She said there was not anything going around that she knew of. We happened to have pork tenderloin the night before and Luke ate a lot of it. When he was younger he had a few episodes of vomiting after eating pork tenderloin. I still do not know what could be in the tenderloin that bothers him but it seems too coincidental.
Last night was supposed to be our overnight Date Night courtesy of Jon and Kristen. They had booked us a hotel room in Nashville and we had plans to eat at Kobe. When Luke was sick I had my doubts we would be able to keep those plans. We waited until I actually picked him up from Pop's before we decided for sure. J and K were pretty insistent they could handle it, but I hated to expose them to any germs. And, after I saw how pitiful Luke was I just could not leave him. He ended up getting sick twice on our way to get Katherine. And my stomach actually was not feeling very good either. He and I ended up going to bed before 8 o'clock. We were up a couple of times during the night but Luke was pretty much back to normal when he got up this morning. I was a little more tired than normal, but feeling ok.
Considering all that we had a very low-key day. I did go get my hair cut since it was way past needing to be done and she is only available two days a week. Bill came for supper tonight and to watch the Bama/ LSU game. By this time everyone is back to normal, thank goodness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment