![]() |
| Enjoying all the great food |
Brrr....it is extremely cold here this weekend! Luke had a football game this morning. Paul had to meet the electricians at the house so I asked Mom if she would watch Katherine so she didn't have to sit out in the cold. That worked out perfect. After the game Luke and I picked up a few things for the Sunday School hayride tonight. One of the guys in our class is an amateur pitmaster. He is the real deal with this crazy smoker/grill. He actually enters contests and wins them. He and some of the other men were at the house most of the day cooking all the meat.
Despite the frigid temps we had an amazing turnout. There were close to 70 people there! When the kids and I got there this afternoon we made the executive decision to move the food and eating part of the fellowship into Bill's shop. In ten years of hosting these bonfires we have never had to go to "plan B" but we did tonight! It worked out great. We had all the food set up in there and everyone was already bringing chairs anyway. It felt about 20 degrees warmer in there than outside. We did an abbreviated hayride before dark. I wish I had a picture -- that wagon was loaded down! Paul did have a fire going and most people congregated there after eating. The kids had a great time running around in the fields and playing. This was an earlier night and we were able to be home a little after 9. I am also thankful that we gain an hour tonight -- an extra hour of sleep is always good! We had great time, but honestly I am glad both bonfires are behind us now and we can focus more of our attention on the house. We are getting to the point I need to be making a lot of decisions and quickly!


No comments:
Post a Comment