Friday, November 28, 2014

The Day After


The loneliest place the day after
Thanksgiving...the grocery store!
I had to work today.  I was expecting it to be crazy since we do not work on Thanksgiving. I was on call yesterday and didn't get any consults, so that was nice. It was so busy Tuesday when I left -- we were pretty much at capacity.  Thankfully about 40 patients went home between Wednesday and today.  I was able to get done a little early so we could take pictures for Christmas cards.  We just met Mom, Andrew and Mandi at the farm. We took pictures in a few different locations and I think we got something that will work.  Andrew and Mandi checked out the progress on the house.  The drywall crew did go ahead and work today.  I hated it for them, but it was my understanding it was their choice -- we didn't request they work.

We all went back to Mom's for supper.  She had cooked a lot of yummy food so we just had leftovers. We ended up watching Santa Claus 2 which is a cute movie.  Mom had never seen it.  Of course, we have seen most every Christmas movie -- especially kid ones!  I needed a few sweet potatoes for a casserole for Tullahoma so I ran down to Publix.  It was a ghost town.  Their were hardly any cars in the parking lot and the employees seemed bored.  What a difference a couple of days can make.  It was an absolute zoo in their on Wednesday!

No comments: