Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sickness and a Weenie Roast



The kids helped gather wood for the fire pit
Yesterday was Luke's Thanksgiving meal at school.  Paul and I weren't able to go, but Mom was.  I was so glad someone was able to go eat with him.  When I picked him up from school the teacher said he had started not feeling good and complained of a sore throat.  He has what appears to be a canker sore in his mouth.  Paul and his dad are both prone to canker sores and I read if a parent is susceptible to them then a child is 90% more likely to have them.  By the time we were on our way home Luke was pitiful, he was crying and saying his head hurt.  He definitely had a temp so I gave him some Ibuprofen when we got home and we just laid low.

I had to work today so Paul kept the kids.  Luke was still pitiful when he woke up so we decided he needed to go to the doctor.  Paul took Katherine by Mom's before they went.  Turns out it is just a virus.  They did a strep test, checked his lungs, belly and ears.  Not really much we can do except keep him comfortable.  By late afternoon he had perked up considerably.  We recently bought a fire pit but have not used it yet.  So, Paul and the kids decided tonight was the night.  I did not get home until after 5.  Paul and Katherine were outside with the fire and Luke was resting in bed watching a movie.  Mom ended up coming over and we grilled hot dogs and made s'mores!  Luke ate great and seemed to be feeling better.  Here's hoping he will wake up well tomorrow!

No comments: