Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Time With Friends


I have today and tomorrow off.  I took the kids to school with hopes of getting lots of stuff done.  Paul scheduled the ServPro guys to come and clean our carpets.  They have become quite embarrassing.  This is kind of our last ditch effort before we have to take the plunge and get new carpet.  We know that is going to be quite costly and would like to put it off as long as possible.  Also, with two kids it makes sense to wait until they are a little older and not so prone to spills. Since I was sequestered to only the hardwood floor areas I was able to get a lot done in the kitchen and living room!

They were finished late morning.  Laura is in town for the holiday and Virginia had the day off.  The girls picked up Chef's for lunch and came to the house to eat.  It was great to see each other and catch up with everything going on.  We talked jobs, families, holidays and decorating.  It's always fun to hang out.  We also started talking about what we might like to do for our Christmas this year.

I had just enough time to do a few errands before I picked the kids up.  Luke is feeling much better and went   to school Monday.  He has started to get a few little bumps on his face.  There have been a couple of confirmed cases of Fifth's disease in his class.  It sounds way worse than it is. It is just a virus that is very common in young children, especially child care centers.  It starts with cold like symptoms and ends with a rash that is usually on the face and upper body, but can be anywhere.  A child is not contagious once the rash develops.  The teacher told me to keep an eye on him over the holiday.  I am just glad he is feeling better!

No comments: