Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New Kitchen!


Not everyone shared my enthusiasm over the new counters

He was happy when we stopped for Italian Ice!
Today was a kind of busy day.  I ran the kids to school this morning and got home in time for Terminix to remedy our recent ant infestation.  I was beginning to think it was my poor housekeeping that was driving the ants in, but the nice buy guy informed me there was an ant colony right outside the porch so they were making a beeline right to the kitchen from a space under the back door.  Whew....I won't have to fire the maid!

Shortly after he left the grainte installers arrived! I contemplated keeping Luke home so he could see them work, but decided that wasn't a good idea.  He would have probably been in the way and with the some of the sealer they used it was a good thing he wasn't here. It was very strong! 

Since I was trapped in the house all day I did the chore I procrastinate on the longest...ironing.  We literally wait until the clothes are falling out of the basket and we have nothing to wear before one of us tackles the job.  So, I got a lot accomplished!

They were here for over three hours, but it looks fabulous!  Mom came over and brought lunch so she could see it.  I tried to get most of the drawers and cabinets cleaned out and put back together before I left.  Paul has to install the new faucet and hook up the garbage disposal, hopefully tonight.  Then I am just waiting for the new cabinet hardware I ordered to come in and our little mini reno project will be complete!

No comments: