 |
| We had the double stroller, but inevitably, they were out of it more than in! |
 |
| K liked the tractors, too! |
 |
| Trying to find the John Deere display |
 |
| Loving the big machines! |
 |
| |
Paul's family went to the "tractor show" most years while he was growing up. They went with another Gallatin family. Paul decided there is no time like the present to introduce Luke to this massive event. Friday after work we headed North toward Louisville. Bill and Paula were able to leave a lot earlier than we did. We stopped in Bowling Green for supper and then on to Elizabethtown to the hotel. Luke was so excited to be staying in a hotel! The plan was for him to sleep in the room with Nene and Pop. We got a call after 11 that he wanted to come back to our room. None of us slept very well, but we were ready to go bright and early this morning!
We went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast before going to the show. I really had no idea what to expect. Absolutely unbelievable is all I can say. I have never seen so many people interested in farm machinery. This expo center is bigger than any convention center I have ever been to and it was packed with people and anything and everything that has to do with farming. I told Paul I had never seen so much Carhartt in all my life! We really had a good time. It was amazing to see how massive the pieces of equipment were. We did a lot of walking but we stopped regularly to rest. Bill and Paul talked a lot about how much the show had changed since they went 10 years ago. Luke had a blast climbing on all the equipment. Katherine LOVED the grain bin and would cry when I would make her leave. As soon as we would get back to our resting spot she would go right back over there. We chased her back and forth several times. We stayed for about 3 hours. By that time we had seen all the tractors we cared to see. Luke had a meltdown because he wanted to be back at the car immediately. It is hard to explain to a 4-year old that if it took you so long to get to where you were going it takes that long to get back. Thankfully, he rode in the stroller while we were leaving and cried vs. us having to drag him.
Both kids slept the whole way home. They needed it. That was excellent because it gave Paul and I a long time to talk about what we want to do with our lives, where we want to be in 2, 5 and 10 years down the road. We often talk about doing something on the family farm that would enable us to make a decent living and be able to raise our kids in a simpler way of life. We mulled over several ideas and I did a lot of research on the internet. What did we do before modern technology?!?! Who knows what the future holds for us -- but at least we started some good conversation about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment