Wednesday, February 8, 2012

18 Month Well Visit

On the mend...
Brother - Sister Craft Time


As ironic as it sounds I took Katherine for her well-visit today.  When she was at the doctor Monday the Nurse Practitioner said to definitely keep her appointment, if just for an ear check.  Her appointment got moved to 10:15 and Dr. Patterson was running behind so we were there forever.  Katherine did great waiting in the exam room.  She played with a tongue depressor, gauze and all the books.  I figured letting her play with some of the supplies was justified considering how long we waited.  I was very nervous about her getting weighed.  Between losing weight at her last well visit, being a picky eater and not eating much the past few days because she hasn't felt good I was pretty nervous.  I was relieved to find out she has gained 14 oz!  I know that is not very much in 3 months, but I really feel like she has gained more than that, but lost it the past few days. 

The good news is her ears are both clearing as they should!  The left one now actually looks better than the right.  We are to continue on with the antibiotics as well as the multi-vitamins and Allegra daily. We decided to wait and check her iron at her 2-year check up.  Now that Katherine is walking/running I answered all the developemental questions without hesitation.

Katherine at 18 months:

Height - 31 1/4"
Weight - 21 # 14 oz

Disposition: Happy, happy, happy!  When she is mad she lets you know it though.  She can tune up and let out a whale of a cry!  Thankfully, it is generally short-lived and does not happen often.  Luke is often at the root of the crying.  He just has to have whatever it is she is playing with.

Eating: Picky, picky, picky!  If all else fails we can usually get her to eat Peanut Butter Crackers or a "skinny" fruit bar. She does drink milk well and likes water, too. She will often eat yogurt, cottage cheese or scrambled eggs.  She eats very few vegetables and virtually no meat. 

Sleeping: Sleeps 10-11 hours at night with a 2+ hour afternoon nap at school.  She still naps twice at home on the weekends.

Milestones: She talks more and more.  Words she says include mama, daddy, hi, bye, hat, uh-oh, ball, nonna, nene, papa, bubba.  She still signs a lot - more, eat, please, drink, milk, thank you (sometimes)

We are so blessed with our sweet little girl!

No comments: