Well, the good news is that Paula came home from the hospital yesterday morning! We were all so excited about how quickly she has recuperated from surgery. The doctors said she is doing great and was fine to go home. I know she was ready to be home.
Our fears over Luke not feeling well were confirmed with a trip to the pediatrician this morning. He was pitiful all day yesterday. He was whiny and clingy which was a sure sign something wasn't right. He has been running a low grade temperature and complaining of a headache and sore throat. Mom came and kept him so we could teach Sunday School yesterday. He did not want us to leave. He whined and cried which was so sad. He did fine once we were gone and seemed much better when we got home. Tylenol has really helped instead of Ibuprofen this time.
Since my boss is out indefinitely I was very concerned about missing work, but I worked it out to stay home this morning with him and Paul came home at lunch so I could go to work this afternoon. After dropping Katherine off this morning we visited the Fast Track clinic at the doctor. The nurse took one look in his throat and said it was strep. I suspected this from his symptoms and also finding out it is going around at school. The doctor did a thorough exam while we waited on the culture results. It was positive. So, ten days of the bubblegum medicine is in our future! He has a pretty bad case so the doctor told me he can't go back to school until Wednesday. Even though he was feeling puny it was fun to spend the morning with him. He was so sweet and cuddly! Here's hoping he gets well soon and that no one else gets it.
No comments:
Post a Comment