Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Wonderful Meal and Unexpected Sleepover



We went to Gallatin to see Nene and Pop tonight.  Paula had some wonderful steaks that the guys grilled. I do not eat steak that much, but it was by far the best steak I have had in a long time.  The kids loved playing outside.  Luke kept himself occupied with a bubble making lawn mower.  He has probably had that at Nene and Pop's for two years but tonight for some reason it was his favorite thing.  He mowed and mowed their lawn!  It was a beautiful night with low humidity and a cool breeze.  Paula found a kite so Paul and Luke flew it for a while.  The night made me anxious for fall weather!  Katherine had no fear.  She would crawl from the patio in to the grass, climb in chairs, on toys and up the stairs!  We enjoyed supper on the patio then went inside to watch the Titans preseason game. 

Paula asked if Luke would like to spend the night.  Of course, he said yes!  We should have thought about it sooner but it had not crossed our minds.  We decided he could stay and she will meet us at church in the morning.  We just have to remember to bring some clothes for him or he will be going to church in his pj's!!!  It is pretty nice to have a "night off" every once in a while.  Since I have weaned Katherine and Paul is putting her to bed I have been on Luke duty this week.  More often than not I fall asleep in his bed and do not wake up until well after my bedtime.  So, I have not been able to get anything done at night!  I am taking advantage of a quiet house and blogging and watching the Titans!

No comments: