Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Two Funny Stories


So, today I was busy at work.  This does not happen much.  I had a few meetings and am working on some projects in addition to my normal patient care.  I got to the kids school later than normal then talked with Katherine's teacher for a bit, all the while thinking about what needed to be done when we got home, what to have for supper and so forth.  We walked to the parking lot and I opened the door to our vehicle.  Normally I put Katherine in first and Luke crawls over.  But I was parked a little over the line on that side and another family was getting out so I wanted Luke to get in on his side first.  He said "Mommy, this isn't our car".  I was looking the other way at something else and said, "yes it is - get in".  I then looked inside the car and it was not our car!  How embarrassing!  I quickly closed the door and went to our car.  Luke was laughing uncontrollably.  As we were driving away he said "Mommy are you going to tell Daddy what silly thing you did with the car?".  ** In my defense it was a Black GMC Acadia, just like ours. ** 

Next funny story, as soon as we got home Luke went straight to the bathroom like most days.  I was holding Katherine who was having a fit trying to crawl in to the bathtub (that girl loves the tub). My cell phone rang and it was Paul saying he was leaving work.  I asked him to call his mom to see if she could watch Katherine Saturday morning while we take Luke to see Thomas the Train.  I did not think much of it.  When Paul got home the first thing Luke said was "Did you call your mom to see if she can watch Katherine so it is just Mommy, Daddy and Luke at the Big Thomas"!

The rest of the night was fairly uneventful.  Luke helped me cook supper which was great.  We had tilapia again.  Katherine is still not in to fish.  We made a veggie blend and she did eat some of the carrots and white beans out of it.  She still eats her weight in fruit -- any kind, peaches, strawberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, bananas.  Luke and I bought a cantaloupe and watermelon at the grocery Sunday.  I cut it up and he put it in containers for me.  I am proud to say that a large portion of all that fruit has been eaten and it is only mid-week!

No comments: