So, we have been planning to go to Florida for Andrew's birthday for some time now. It just so happened that Paul had a bachelor party the same weekend in Myrtle Beach. We talked about it and thought that it would be good for us to go our separate ways for a long weekend. Well, we quickly learned how much we rely on each other. Paul headed out early Wednesday morning. Nonna, Luke and I left Goodlettsville at 3:30 am Thursday morning. This strategy had worked in the past (twice).
Well, this time Luke really was not interested in going back to sleep. Nonna started out driving. Luke and I sat in the backseat. He stayed awake until we were across the Alabama state line. He only slept about an hour the whole way there. We actually made good time and arrived in Ft. Walton by 11:15 or so. We met Aunt Mandi and her friend Lacey for lunch at Chick-fil-A. We could not actually get in to our beach house until 4 that afternoon so we had a lot of time to kill. We ended up hanging out at Andrew and Mandi's until we headed to Destin. By this time Mom, Luke and I were exhausted and ready for showers.
I am writing all this, mainly for future purposes when we are trying to plan a trip again. There are several things I would do differently. I probably will not leave in the early morning again unless we can get an early check in where we are staying. And, Paul and I agree it will be a very long time before we take separate vacations again! It really opened my eyes to how much of a help Paul is. Luke was great all weekend but when it is just one parent it makes a big difference. Paul had a good time but was missing us by the second day...awww.....
No comments:
Post a Comment