Luke wanting to go up the slideSaturday was a fun, busy day. My friend Laura was in town for the weekend. We have planned several play dates for Luke and her son Hunter but they have never worked out. We decided we were going to plan this one and stick to it. They came to our house around 9:30 that morning. It took Luke and Hunter a while to get used to each other. When it was snack time Laura and Hunter went to the car to get something and Luke started whining and knocking on the back door. It was funny!
We went to see our best friend Virginia and her sister Sara getting their hair done for Sara's wedding! We did not stay long. A salon is not the best place for two rambunctious little boys! It was great getting to see them before the actual wedding festivities started.
After that we headed to Chick-fil-A for lunch. Unbelievably we have never taken Luke there to eat. Isn't that crazy?!?! He had a grilled chicken tender and a fruit cup and ate it up. We let the boys play on the playground for a few minutes after we ate. I would not let Luke go in the "big kids" area. This was mainly because when he played on the playground at McDonald's he got scared and did not want to come down so I had to go in after him. It was not a pretty sight. Those playgrounds are definitely not "adult size"!
We said our good-byes shortly after the playground. I think Luke and Hunter got along great. I am super excited that Laura is closer to Nashville now so we can have more outings with the boys!
We went to see our best friend Virginia and her sister Sara getting their hair done for Sara's wedding! We did not stay long. A salon is not the best place for two rambunctious little boys! It was great getting to see them before the actual wedding festivities started.
After that we headed to Chick-fil-A for lunch. Unbelievably we have never taken Luke there to eat. Isn't that crazy?!?! He had a grilled chicken tender and a fruit cup and ate it up. We let the boys play on the playground for a few minutes after we ate. I would not let Luke go in the "big kids" area. This was mainly because when he played on the playground at McDonald's he got scared and did not want to come down so I had to go in after him. It was not a pretty sight. Those playgrounds are definitely not "adult size"!
We said our good-byes shortly after the playground. I think Luke and Hunter got along great. I am super excited that Laura is closer to Nashville now so we can have more outings with the boys!



No comments:
Post a Comment