April 21st, 2008....Luke's first day at His Kids Academy day care. I remember it like it was yesterday. Paul and I both went to drop him off and we both cried like babies. I called every hour to check on him until I picked him up at noon, which was as long as I could stand it.
December 19th, 2008...Luke's last day at His Kids. The night after Paul got laid off one of Luke's teachers called us at home to tell us the church board had met with the daycare staff and told them they had decided to close the daycare. We were devastated. We felt like our world was crashing in around us. This was Luke's extended family. We did not worry about him being there. All the teachers loved on him, kissed on him and treated him like their own. I just knew this is where he would be until he started kindergarten. This was the first time I experienced hurt for Luke. It pained me to know he would not be able to stay there. When I picked Luke up last Friday afternoon I cried. It was so ironic to me that the very place where I cried to leave him is where I cried because I could not take him back.
We still have not been able to get him in a daycare we are comfortable with. Fortunately, God is looking out for us. One of Luke's teachers lives in Hendersonville right on the way to Gallatin. She has offered to keep him until we can find something else. Yesterday was his first day at Ms. Terri's. Even though Luke has been with her every day for 8 months I was still nervous because of his recent episodes of separation anxiety. He went right to her and didn't make a sound. He had a wonderful day which made me feel so much better. He will start full-time with her after the first of the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment