Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008 Here We Come!

Well we have made it another year. It is simply amazing how fast the time goes. Kelly and I had a wonderful blessed year. Last night we had a very calm night. We are both to the point that we don't really enjoy staying out late. We started the night out by eating at Jimmy Kelly's (jimmykellys.com). That is one of our favorite restaurants. They have the best corn cakes as an appetizer. We made our reservations at 5:30, and we got in and out of there in about an hour. The reason we made our reservations early was so we could get home to see Auburn play Clemson in the Peach Bowl. So, after we finished eating we came home to watch the game. Auburn won the game 23-20 in overtime. It was a very exciting game, and of course Kelly was happy! After the game was over we went to bed. I think Kelly wanted to stay up to watch the ball drop but I could hardly hold my eyes open. Just before midnight, after I think both of us had fallen asleep, we were woken up by what sounded like the Vietnam war. The people that live directly across the street from us decided to have a huge fireworks show in the street for what seemed like an hour. If it had been any other night it would have made me mad, but I didn't let it bother me because it was New Years Eve.

Some of the Highs and Lows of our 2007 include:

-Kelly getting pregnant with our first child
-Andrew, Kelly's brother, getting married
-We bought and sold our houses in two weeks
-Kelly being elected President of the Nashville District Dietetic Association
-Paul continuing to learn and grow in his position at Barge, Waggoner, Sumner and Cannon
-Kelly's grandmother dying
-Betsy Carver lost her battle with cancer, Betsy is one of my best childhood friends mother


Today all I plan to do is relax and watch football. GO VOLS. I hope everyone has a wonderful 2008. Kelly and I are going to have a big year!

No comments: