Wednesday, December 26, 2007

December 24th...

I believe we have done Christmas different every year since we have been married (3 Christmas's). And I know that next year will be different also because we will want Luke to be home for Santa Claus.

We started the morning off by looking at our stockings to each other. I got some great little things in mine including my favorite, some peeps.










Kelly and I posing for the self timer.

After finishing our stockings we headed up to Gallatin for the annual breakfast at Larriviere's. This has been a tradition of our families for at least 15 years. Larriviere's is nice because they are not nearly as crowded as Cracker Barrel, which is where we used to go. This breakfast included the Troutt's, Spears-Butlers, Beaty's, Jonses, and Carver's. This year Mrs. Betsy was not there and she was missed by all of us greatly. But little Drew was there and he was entertaining to watch.










Martin, Mary Webb, Mom, Jim, Claudia,
Lauren, Jon, Montee and Kelly.
(from left to right around the table)











Drew and Will

This is always a very fun time for me because I get to see quite a few people that I don't see often throughout the year. Kelly got to catch up with Allison Spears, who is expecting twins just after Luke is born.













Allison and Kelly


After finishing up breakfast we headed down toward Tullahoma to Kelly's Grandmother's for Christmas with the rest of her family. We got down there around 12:30 and thought we were going to be the last ones there, but we were the first. Right before Andrew, Mandi and Donna left from Nashville they saw that they had a very low tire. Andrew and Mandi had to leave for her grandparents in Alabama directly from Tullahoma so they already had everything loaded to leave. Andrew had to unload everything to get the spare tire out and change it. Kelly's cousins Cynthia, LeeEllen and Thomas and Aunt Shelia were also late because Cynthia had to work later then she thought. It was ok that they were late though because Kelly and I got to spend some quality time with her Nanny.

After everyone got there we ate a traditional meal including ham, turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, green beans and of course Cynthia's famous hash brown casserole. Kelly did a good job of not eating very much at breakfast, knowing we were having a big meal for lunch, but I didn't do so well. So I was absolutely stuffed by the time I got finished at Nanny's. After we got finished eating we all sat down and enjoyed some good conversation with Kelly's family.










Cynthia and LeeEllen
(Cynthia will probably kill me the
next time I see her for posting this picture)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no more hashbrown casserole for you!!!! See you soon!!!