Saturday, August 16, 2014
Wilson County Fair!
I had to work today. Paul and the kids picked me up this afternoon and we headed to the Wilson County Fair. It is one of the biggest fairs in the state and we had never been! It was so hot today. There was so much to see and do there. We saw all the farm equipment, animals, quilts, canning entries before we headed to the Midway. I must say I was looking forward to the food and was pretty disappointed. We decided to get bbq sandwiches and they pretty much tasted like bbq from a 5 gallon tub from Sam's. We didn't try anything out of the ordinary like deep fried Oreos or bacon. The closest we came was all four of us split a funnel cake! Katherine is not much for rides but Luke is getting into them as he gets older. He and I waited in line for over 30 minutes to ride a little roller coaster. He loved it so that is all that matters. He also rode the merry go round and played a couple of games. Katherine doesn't seem to have an adventurous side to her at all! All in all it was a good experience but I don't know that we will be rushing back next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment