Sunday, March 23, 2014

Home Again, Home Again...

The rain did come last night.  I must admit, it was kind of peaceful sleeping to it hitting the metal roof.  We all seemed to sleep better last night than we did Friday.  We were up fairly early this morning.  Since none of us felt like cooking breakfast and cleaning up all the dishes again we decided to get everything packed up and go to the restaurant at the Inn in the park.  That was an excellent choice!  They had a breakfast buffet and the kids ate either free or at a discount.  The food was great and it was just what we needed for the trip home.  It only rained on us a few minutes after we got on the road and the prettiest day unfolded.  The kids did great traveling home.  They kept themselves occupied in the back with books, InnoTabs and coloring.  Katherine actually took a fairly good nap.  We stopped to fill up the propane tank on the way so Paul won't have to worry with that tomorrow before he returns the RV.  The weekend was excellent. Although I don't think we will be renting an RV again anytime in the near future, mainly due to expense, we are toying around with the idea of getting into camping.  The kids loved it and we did, too!

We spent the rest of the afternoon unpacking, doing laundry and doing chores around the house. Mom came over to check out the RV before it goes back tomorrow.  I am trying to get ready for the consignment sale I participate in every season.  It is a lot of work, but it usually pays off.  I got all of Katherine's things organized and on hangers.  Just need to get to Luke's now.

No comments: