Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wired!

Katherine's bedtime story pick tonight -- thanks Gigi!

I spent the morning in Gallatin with Paula so Bill could do some errands and go to an appointment.  She slept most of the time I was there, but woke up a couple of times and talked with me.  I did a couple of things before heading home to do my typical Wednesday chores.  If I don't do at least some laundry on Wednesdays it is crazy by the time the weekend rolls around.

I also try to get a long walk in when I have the house to myself.  We recently signed up for a free NetFlix trial.  It is really cool you can stream movies, TV series (new and old) on any device.  That is my new motivation on the treadmill.  I am currently in the middle of watching the Wonder Years.  I can get a good long walk in by watching two episodes.  Man, I love that show!  It has something like 114 episodes so it will take me a bit to get through all of them, but I already have some other old series in mind when I finish these.

The kids both had good days again.  They played in a little blow up pool at our house last night.  Of course, we didn't realize it until bath time that the mosquitoes had a field day with them.  Poor things are both vulnerable to them.  Luke has a big welt on his back and Katherine has about 6 bites two of which are on her face.  When I picked K up her teacher told me she had not been herself today and had a very low grade temp (99.5) and had one "diarrhea" around nap time.  She has been fine all night -- running around and acting all kinds of crazy.  I think she is fine but time will tell.

The past two nights she has been wired when it is bedtime.  It is taking us forever to get her down and both she and Luke are exhausted.  Paul was in Gallatin again tonight so we laid low.  I wasn't about to let them outside again to get more bug bites so we played inside and actually watched an old Charlie Brown movie.  Paul got home about bedtime so that got them all riled up and it was 9 before they got in bed.  We have got to do better about getting them in the bed earlier.

No comments: