Saturday, April 20, 2013
One Last Roll...
When I first heard that they were going to allow the Toomer's Oaks to be rolled one last time I knew I wanted to go and take the kids. It was something I remembered doing growing up and I wanted them to have that memory as well. When I mentioned it to Paul he wasn't too excited about the idea until I suggested we go to the beach as part of the trip. That sealed the deal!
I was blown away by how many people were there -- over 100,000! By the time we got to campus and found a place to park the A-Day game was well underway. We decided to not worry about going to the game, but instead soak up the atmosphere at Toomer's Corner. I was electric. Luke got to throw a roll of toilet paper and see all the crazy activities. Katherine was not impressed with all the hub-bub. Andrew and Mandi took close to 500 pictures and I honestly haven't had time to look through them all so I am just posting ones I took.
We did make our way over to the stadium after the game. They have autograph sessions on the field. It is one of the only times people are allowed on the field. We took lots of pictures there which was cool. I was also glad to get to see the granite paver Andrew, Mom and I purchased on the Alumni Walk. I couldn't get a great quality picture of it. It is pretty cool.
We spent most of the afternoon hanging out on campus and then decided to eat at Niffer's for supper. Well, that was everyone else's idea as well -- an hour and a half wait! Was not worth it this trip so we found a Mexican place in Opelika we used to go to which worked out great. We definitely beat the crowd and were able to walk right in and sit down. After supper we said our good-byes to Andrew and Mandi and we went North to Birmingham to stay for the night. It was a great day! Although I was sad to see the trees in such bad shape it was nice to experience one more time before they are cut down later next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment