Sunday, June 3, 2012

Chattanooga - Day 2

Breakfast at the hotel


One of the cool trains you can stay in

Luke loved this water exhibit

Katherine enjoyed the toddler area



There was so much for the kids to see and do

Bubbles!

Starting her a little early I think!
This morning we enjoyed breakfast at the hotel.  It was a nice buffet and kids eat free!  We requested a late check out so we could go to the pool after we ate.  After a quick pool visit we got ready for the Children's Museum.  We debated between the museum and the aquarium. After talking to a friend that frequents Chattanooga we decided on the museum.  It helped that this is what Luke picked, too.  I think it was the best choice.  The kids loved it!  It was very hands on with lots of activities for both kids.  Katherine loved the toddler area with a play kitchen, tree house, etc and Luke enjoyed the more advanced exhibits.  There was a Tinker Toy area that was cool as well as a roof top activity area.  Luke gave us a little scare when he slipped away from us momentarily.  I panicked and immediately found an employee to help us.  She got on the handheld to all the employees and he was located (by Paul) in just a couple of minutes.  He never knew he was missing.  We gave him a long talk about not leaving us.  Even though it was short lived I was scared.  I think he understood the severity of what happened and stuck right by us the rest of the time.

We stayed there for a couple of hours and then grabbed a burger at Five Guys before we got on the road toward home.  It was a quick trip back and we were home by mid-afternoon.  Paul and I had a burst of energy and immediately started laundry, cleaning and washing the cars.  Not really sure what got in to us, but I am glad it did.  It will make Monday night a little easier tomorrow!

No comments: