Friday, May 13, 2011

On your mark...


get set....GO!  The kids really play well together.  Luke just can not wait until Katherine can walk and talk though. His latest thing is to try and "race" her crawling.  He will get up on all fours with her and rock back and forth.  His favorite phrases are " on your mark, macaroni, spaghetti, noddles...go" It is hilarious.  Usually Katherine is giggling so hard she does not go anywhere but Luke proceeds to crawl all around the room like a baby.  I know it is just a matter of time before Katherine really is crawling.

She has also taken a liking to Luke's trains.  We will even build her own little track with a couple of trains and she will still come after his!  She especially likes to put the track in her mouth.  For money's sake I hope she does like trains.  We could get 2-for-1 if she plays with them  half as much as Luke does!

I got a call at work around lunch that Luke had a high temperature.  There is a confirmed case of strep at the center so I decided it was a good idea to have him checked out.  I got there in time to get him in the fast track clinic at the pediatrician (or so I thought). Normally the close from 1-2 for lunch.  We rolled in about 20 minutes till 1 only to find out they recently changed their lunch hour.  So, we went home for a little bit then back again.  We were in and out in less than 30 minutes.  The strep test was negative. The doc said his chest, ears, and throat were all clear.  She said he probably has a virus causing the temperature.  When we got home he took an extra long nap.  It was time to go get Katherine so Mom left work to watch him so I could run and get her. I hated to drag her in and out of the doctor's office and I am glad I did not have her with me since we made two trips.

He seems to be feeling better tonight. We have several plans for the weekend so we will just have to wait and see how he does.

No comments: