Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Nine Month Well Visit
I picked the kids up from school in time to take Katherine for her 9-month well visit. Luke was still napping when I got there and I hated that he had to get up. The teachers made up for it by giving him some pretzels to take for the road. There was actually no where to sit in the well-child waiting room. Luke improvised and sat on the scale while I stood up. Luckily, Katherine stayed in the carrier. After I weighed and measured Luke about three times they called us back.
I answered the usual developmental questions. I could say yes to everything except pulling up on her own. K tries to pull up but can not quite make it all the way to standing yet. Dr. Patterson was very pleased with her and thought she was doing great. It was good that I did not have any real concerns since Luke pretty much stole the show! He chatted Dr. Patterson to death, she read him a book, talked about Thomas and all the other trains and examined Katherine all at the same time. (Note to self...leave Luke at school for Katherine's 12-month visit)
We talked about continuing to try new foods with Katherine, slowly moving more towards solids rather than milk and so forth. We also talked about K's ears. They look great! We are going to continue with the Allegra daily which has seemed to drastically improve her runny nose, etc. The only shot she had to have was the second flu. Every time we were in there lately they had not wanted to give it to her because she had been sick.
Katherine by the numbers:
Height: 27"
Weight: 20# 7 oz
Head Circumference: 17 1/2"
She has actually started to fall behind Luke's pace. At 9 months Luke was 28 1/2" long and 21# 14 oz. It appears that both kids are going to be on the shorter side. Only time will tell though...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment