
I have been battling a cold since the Sunday after our hayride. I have virtually lost my voice and have coughed and coughed. Last Tuesday when I was off Luke stayed home with me. He was so good! I did not feel like doing a whole lot. We did get out and do a few errands. I was talking on the phone and he was playing at my feet. When I got off the phone I realized he had fallen asleep just like this! I picked him up and put him in bed where he slept for two hours. Luckily that gave me time to take a nap, too!
The rest of the week consisted of going to work and trying to get well. Mom and I also went to see Steel Magnolias at TPAC with Virginia and her mother. It was very good! I was so afraid that I would have a coughing fit during the show but thanks to an abundant supply of cough drops by Mom and Virginia I survived!
Luke had a couple of eventful happenings last week. I guess he officially has a girlfriend now. He and Rylee have been together since they were infants at His Kids. When it closed they both stayed at the same babysitter and now they are at Good Shepherd together. The teachers tell me they hold hands on the playground and Rylee likes to wake Luke up from his nap. When one of them is not at school the other is lost. It is pretty cute.
I also got two calls in one day last week from Luke's school. The first was to tell me had been bitten by another student and it had broken the skin! Of course the teachers did not know what had happened to provoke the bite but they said Luke was ok. Since that time the child has bitten some other children and has been moved to another room. Later, that same day the director called me again. Luke had fallen on the playground and skinned his chin and nose! When I picked him up it looked like he had been in a fight! The teachers say nothing really seems to phase him. He will cry for a minute and then be back to playing.
No comments:
Post a Comment