Monday, March 9, 2009

Long Time

My cousins Ellen and Christy
and Christy's daughter.

My grandmother on my father's side was one of 13 siblings! Unfortunately we did not see them much while I was growing up. We did get to hang out with some of our cousins from time to time. One of my great aunts died last week in Mississippi. She was buried in Tennessee and I was able to go to the service. I had not seen her two granddaughters since we were young. It was so great to reconnect with them even under the sad circumstances. We always thought it was neat that our grandmothers were sisters and our grandfathers were brothers. So we were double cousins or something like that. Everyone got a kick out of Luke running around and playing. He even went to complete strangers which is very unusual. After the service we all had lunch and visited for awhile.

No comments: