Monday, May 5, 2008

Another Scare...

Yesterday afternoon I was playing with Luke. He was starting to get a little fussy, and normally if you throw him up in the air (of course with your hands under his arms) he likes it. Well yesterday I decided to try that right underneath the foyer light fixture. I put my hands under his armpits, and shoved him in the air. The next thing I heard sounded like glass breaking, as he had knocked the glass globe off it's support. By the time I looked up he had busted out crying and the first thing I saw was the small ball on the bottom of the lamp right in his eye. I immediately thought the worst of course, that I had poked his eye out or at least done some bad damage. Well he cried pretty hard for about ten minutes, and since he was due to eat anyway, Kelly went on and fed him. Well he quieted down and never made another pep about it, and he was actually pretty playful even. We never could find any kind of red spot or bruise on him. I told Kelly I was amazed at how tough that little guy is. I am sure that is only one of many "scared to death" moments we will have with him.

No comments: