
Helping DaddyThis weekend's weather has been absolutely beautiful! We have spent a lot of time outdoors. Friday night we went to Home Depot and picked up a couple of perennials and a little Dogwood tree. Saturday morning we decided to plant everything. Luke is in that mode where he wants to do everything exactly how you do it. He wanted to wear gloves like Mommy and Daddy. He does not have any gardening gloves so he wore some winter ones; he did not seem to mind. He used a little spade of mine even though he has his own set of gardening tools. When Paul stepped on the shovel to dig a hole, Luke stepped on his little shovel, too. It is very cute to watch him mimic Paul.
Yesterday Luke stayed at Nonna's in the afternoon while Paul and I went to look for baby furniture. I realized I have failed to mention we are having a BABY GIRL! We are very excited around here. Paul and I were very surprised when we had our ultrasound and the tech gave us the news. I think we both thought we were having another little boy. Once the surprise wore off reality started to set in. Pink dresses and hair bows, dolls and ponies, first dates and so forth. So much to learn and so much to look forward to! We do not have a name for baby girl Troutt yet. When you ask Luke he says to name her "baby boy". Not sure that the fact we are having a baby girl has set in with him yet. He still loves babies and loves to look at babies and talk to them. We know he is going to be an excellent big brother!
Yesterday Luke stayed at Nonna's in the afternoon while Paul and I went to look for baby furniture. I realized I have failed to mention we are having a BABY GIRL! We are very excited around here. Paul and I were very surprised when we had our ultrasound and the tech gave us the news. I think we both thought we were having another little boy. Once the surprise wore off reality started to set in. Pink dresses and hair bows, dolls and ponies, first dates and so forth. So much to learn and so much to look forward to! We do not have a name for baby girl Troutt yet. When you ask Luke he says to name her "baby boy". Not sure that the fact we are having a baby girl has set in with him yet. He still loves babies and loves to look at babies and talk to them. We know he is going to be an excellent big brother!


1 comment:
That's so funny about the shovel thing- I remember Caleb doing the exact same thing and I had forgotten it until reading your blog! Aren't they just the cutest? Hope you are feeling well!
Post a Comment