Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Playing Catch Up

Love this!

See ya later Mom and Dad...

Testing out the playgrounds

V-day party at school

The past couple of weeks have gone by in a blur. Our weekends have been fairly laid back with just the right amount of activities and events to attend. I started the weekend off early last week by going to Luke's Valentine Party at school. I think he had downed 2 juice boxes by the time I got there. Since we do not normally give him juice he was flying high by the time the party was over. The fact that everything the kids ate, besides the fruit I sent, was sugar, sugar, sugar did not help matters any. Luke has moved up the the 2-year old room now. It was strange to see him as the smallest one in the class. He also does not talk as much in this room. I guess because he can not get a word in among all the other kids.

Saturday we spent the morning cleaning and doing errands. That night Paul and I enjoyed our Valentine's out while Nonna kept Luke. We went to eat at California Pizza Kitchen. We stopped fighting fancy Valentine destination restaurants years ago. We walked in, sat at the bar, ate some yummy food and were on our way to the symphony in less than an hour. Jim Brickman was the special guest with the Nashville Symphony. The show was amazing! I just love the symphony. It is wonderful that Nashville has such an amazing venue to enjoy. When we got home after 11 Mom told us that Luke had fallen asleep shortly after 7 which is really early for him.

Luke coughed a lot after we got home which kept Paul and I awake a lot of the night. He slept in the next morning and we did not think he was feeling too good so we decided not to go to church. Once he was up and going he did not cough at all anymore. We wanted to get away for a little while so we headed to Franklin. I was craving bbq at Puckett's. We got there about 11:15 and there was a line out the door to get in! It was too cold to wait outside so we found a nice little meat and 3 off the square which was just as good. We also made a stop by USA Baby to look at playgrounds. We still haven't made a decision about what to do though. We had a wonderful weekend together!

2 comments:

Ladners'Latest said...

Oh wow, Kelly. He looks so grown up in that first picture! Handsome little man.

Uncle Andrew said...

Looks like he is ready to come visit his Aunt and Uncle in Florida! He is even wearing the right hat.