Yum, yum!I had to work Saturday morning so Paul and Luke hung out at Nana and Grandpa's. Luke had his first corn on the cob! Paul said he tried to hold it for him and finally gave up and let Luke do it himself. He ate a whole ear! Guess we have another fresh corn lover in the family. Saturday afternoon we rested and did some chores before we got ready for a night out. Paul cut the grass while Luke and I played inside. I happened to be flipping through the TV channels when the news broke about the untimely death of Steve McNair. It was very sad but it was also interesting to see how fast the news traveled from local news, national news, Facebook and Twitter. I guess that is the age we live in.
Paul and I had a wedding to go to last night. My friend Audrey was getting married to Jason Blankenship. What was so unique about this wedding, besides the fact it was on the 4th of July, was that it was a double wedding! Audrey and her sister planned their weddings together. I had been looking forward to this wedding since we got the Save-the-Date months ago! Nonna was coming to watch Luke for us again. The grandparents definitely got some quality time with the little fella this weekend.
I had warned Mom of Luke's "episode" the day before. Right before we left Luke smashed his fingers in the door but seemed to recover quickly. He was eating supper when we left and started crying when we were leaving. We did not think much of it since he has done that before. We had been on the road less than 10 minutes when Mom called us saying she did not know what was wrong with Luke. He was screaming and shaking uncontrollably and was fighting her. He did not want her to hold him but when she put him down he would get even more upset. I told her this was similar to what he had done the day before. It was also pouring down rain so we ended up turning around and going home. I was so upset because I was looking forward to the wedding.
When we got home Paul took Luke and he immediately calmed down and started drifting off to sleep. Even though it was only 6:30 we decided to put him in his pj's and try to put him to bed. Well, that worked. He slept like a rock and did not wake up until after 6:30 this morning! I guess this tells us that whatever is going on with Luke was not an isolated incident. We are going for his 18-month well visit this week so I will definitely be talking to Dr. Patterson about this and what we should do!
In the end we ended up going to the wedding!!!
Paul and I had a wedding to go to last night. My friend Audrey was getting married to Jason Blankenship. What was so unique about this wedding, besides the fact it was on the 4th of July, was that it was a double wedding! Audrey and her sister planned their weddings together. I had been looking forward to this wedding since we got the Save-the-Date months ago! Nonna was coming to watch Luke for us again. The grandparents definitely got some quality time with the little fella this weekend.
I had warned Mom of Luke's "episode" the day before. Right before we left Luke smashed his fingers in the door but seemed to recover quickly. He was eating supper when we left and started crying when we were leaving. We did not think much of it since he has done that before. We had been on the road less than 10 minutes when Mom called us saying she did not know what was wrong with Luke. He was screaming and shaking uncontrollably and was fighting her. He did not want her to hold him but when she put him down he would get even more upset. I told her this was similar to what he had done the day before. It was also pouring down rain so we ended up turning around and going home. I was so upset because I was looking forward to the wedding.
When we got home Paul took Luke and he immediately calmed down and started drifting off to sleep. Even though it was only 6:30 we decided to put him in his pj's and try to put him to bed. Well, that worked. He slept like a rock and did not wake up until after 6:30 this morning! I guess this tells us that whatever is going on with Luke was not an isolated incident. We are going for his 18-month well visit this week so I will definitely be talking to Dr. Patterson about this and what we should do!
In the end we ended up going to the wedding!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment