Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Two Hours

So I dropped Luke off at daycare today for a little while so I could go vote. The center opened at noon so I thought I would get there a few minutes early to get a good spot in line...wrong! There was nowhere to park. I circled the block three times and decided I was hungry and would go get some lunch and come back. I got back at one o'clock only to find the line longer!

I decided to wait so I would not have to worry about going on Tuesday. So, I waited for two hours to vote! I have to admit it was a pretty day and the people around me were very nice to talk to. I noticed everyone that came out of the polling place after voting had a huge smile on their face and I wondered why. There was something about waiting two hours, casting my ballot and leaving there with the satisfaction that I had taken advantage of one of the freedoms we have as Americans. I, too, left there with a huge smile on my face!

No comments: