Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday First


This morning we had another first with Luke. We have taken him to church a few times but he has always gone to our class with us. Today he went to the nursery! It was the first time anyone outside of family has kept him. I was a little nervous and teared up. I am such a softie! Luckily another couple in our class, Ben and Amy, came in right behind us with their daughter Avery. So, Luke and Avery went to their class for the first time together. We picked him up after Sunday School, probably more for me than for Luke. The teachers said he did great. I know I am going to have to get used to leaving him. Pretty soon I will be leaving him at day care everyday. As much as I missed the little guy it was so great to be back with our friends in class. On the 5th Sunday we always have dedicated prayer time instead of a lesson. It was a great day to go back!

Luke loves to sleep the only problem is he must not like the prospect of going to sleep. Lately he has been fighting his naps even though it is so obvious that he is exhausted. This afternoon he was doing just that when I started bouncing him up and down while he was crying and then leaned him against me. He just conked out! It was so funny. He did not look comfortable at all to me so Paul took this picture. We put him in his swing for the rest of his nap.

No comments: